Understanding Digital Therapeutics and their Benefits
WHAT ARE DIGITAL THERAPEUTICS?
- A health discipline and treatment option that utilizes digital health technologies to treat a medical or psychological condition
- The treatment relies on behavioral and lifestyle changes
- Fitbit Health Solutions now offers a digital therapeutic solution through Fitbit Care
THE BENEFITS OF DIGITAL MEDICINE
- Health data can be collected and analyzed as both a progress report and a preventative measure
- Costs can be lower than traditional medicine
- Provides monitoring, guidance, accountability and social support in between doctor visits
- Can use data to take proactive steps before health issues become worse
DIGITAL THERAPEUTICS METHODOLOGY
- Digital therapeutics can be used for a variety of conditions, including diabetes and hypertension. There isn’t a single digital therapeutics methodology, but it uses methods rooted in cognitive behavioral therapy to spur patients to make lifestyle changes
- A common methodology is sending timely notifications designed to alter behavior
- Digital therapeutics also uses self-reported data like diet or other lifestyle factors.
Do you want more information about digital therapeutics?
Check out our blog post, "Digital Therapeutics for Chronic Disease Management."