How to Manage Hypertension?
HYPERTENSION MANAGEMENT STARTS WITH YOU2
- Monitor your blood pressure. High blood pressure often occurs with no symptoms, so only blood pressure readings will tell you if your blood pressure is on the rise.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight increases your risk for high blood pressure.
- Exercise regularly. The Surgeon General recommends 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise every week.
- Limit alcohol intake. Do not exceed 2 drinks a day for men, one drink a day for women.
- Reduce your salt intake. Focus on eating fresh foods, as too much sodium can cause your body to retain fluid, which increases blood pressure.
- Quit smoking. Smoking drives a spike in blood pressure and chemicals in tobacco can cause problems for the lining of arteries.
Health outcomes accelerated
Fitbit Care’s digital experience and anytime access to health coaching has helped individuals reach their hypertension management goals faster than traditional coaching and other forms of care.